3/29/2012

Chalking hair for temporary color

I read this on The Beauty Department's blog and thought it was a great idea. A lot of us have to be somewhat normal looking at work... like having natural hair color. This is a great substitute for having streaks of vibrant color in hair. Use only soft pastels! Soft chalk pastels can be found at any major art store.


I bought my set at Michaels for $4.99 and it's a 36 piece set!



Twist the hair as you chalk. The texture from twisting makes the chalk release more pigment. If your hair color is anything darker than blonde, you’ll need to use water. Mist a little water on the strand with a spray bottle, then chalk it up! It won’t stain darker hair the same way it will on lighter hair. 


So here is my first try... I used a bright fuschia color and dark green. I think the fuschia would have been brighter if I worked on it more. I put very little water on my hair before chalking. This was a quick test and I think it's cool :) They say to use a clarifying shampoo to wash it out.


Here is the link to The Beauty Department article...
http://thebeautydepartment.com/2012/01/chalk-it-up/


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate every single one of them.