7/10/2012

Lazy Days of Summer 3- Flag Day

SO... here is my Flag Day mani. I should have been wearing this a week ago but it's been super busy. No that I have a bit of extra time, I'm playing catch up. I almost had to redo this one but I decided the stars still looked nice. I have come to realize that Kleancolor Neon Sapphire bleeds badly! The stars were perfect and white until I added the top coat.

I started out with some bright white nails on all except my pointer finger. I painted it with the Kleancolor Neon Sapphire. I used  CH4  for the stars and wavy lines, and my XXL plate for the USA flag. I used Pure Ice platinum for the stars and my Konad red polish for the stripes. Once I was done with the stripes, I grabbed a fan brush and brushed the Neon Sapphire on my middle finger.
I used my big dotting tool along with the Kleancolor Neon Sapphire and Kleancolor red. Both of the Kleancolor polishes are from my neons set. As you can see, the red is perfectly fine and the blue spread a bit to make the dots blurry. 

Here is my whole hand. The lighting was off and the blue w/ stars was darker than I wanted it to be. I have had this Neon Sapphire polish bleed both ties I used it so the polish is going into the trash in 3... 2... 1... gone! I hope you still liked it :)


Check out these other Flag Day manis...





Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. That's a shame about the polish bleeding, but I actually really like the effect - it looks like a glassy blue layer over the stars. Beautiful mani anyway :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate every single one of them.