10/25/2012

The Halloween Challenge: Blood-Gore-Splatter

Today's mani is all about blood, gore, and splatter. Now I already did a blood splatter earlier in the challenge so I decided to do something a bit gory. When it comes to horror movies, I find myself watching the sick and twisted ones... ie Hostel 1 & 2. Hostel 3 was a bit disappointing. Anyways, back to the mani at hand...

I applied 2 coats of OPI Little Red Wagon. I applied 2 more coats of Elf Nude. I topped it off with Essie Matte About You. I grabbed a couple dotting tools and ripped the top open after it mattified a bit. I touched up the bloody area with a small brush.


I really like this pic. 

Here is a close-up of my tore up thumb. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/purplecrumpetfairy/




Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. OMG! so gross - you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted to be different and I think it paid off.

      Delete
  2. That thumb nail looks legit bloody... Creepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I couldn't believe I made them look as realistic as I did. I think they would look good with a zombie Halloween costume.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate every single one of them.