1/09/2013

#6 Let It Snow Challenge: Winter Solstice

I gotta say that this was extremely hard for me to come up with something cool and clever. I know that the Winter Solstice is the day with the shortest amount of daylight hours. I decided I wanted to do a night sky with a little sun... like a full 24 hour day. I thought a jelly sandwich would be cool using my Lynderella The Stars In Her Eyes and Deborah Lippmann Across The Universe. I was right about that! It looked so much better in person. I think I'm gonna have to rock this again without the gold glitter.


I started with 2 coats of Deborah Lippmann Across The Universe. This is the third time I have ever used this polish. It was my first DL I bought. I love this polish! There is something I just love about glitter polish in a dark jelly.

I applied Lynnderella The Stars In Her Eyes very lightly since this goes on thick and very sparkly. I applied another thin coat of Across The Universe for a jelly sandwich look. I wanted it to look like the night sky on a clear night. I added a little gold glitter polish to the tips for sunlight but I think it ruined it some. The gold glitter needed to be smaller so it would have looked more like a gradient effect. Once I had started, I decided to go with it. 

This close-up shows the depth of the layered glitter. 





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate every single one of them.